Saturday, October 23, 2010

Project: DOOR

I have just recently started working for LILA PHOTO in Palm Beach. It is a fabulous photography company, and I am really enjoying my work there. One of my 'side projects' was to help my boss design her new office- so first off, paint colors, carpet samples, and our fancy new door frame! She is a big fan of the Eau Spa at the Ritz Carlton, Palm Beach. They have these custom door frames, that are somewhat comparable to Alice in Wonderland. So I got some HUGE paper, pencils, erasers, and went for it- turned out pretty great! We traced our paper model onto plywood, and then had the contractor cut out the design with a simple jig saw. I love our final product, and I can't wait to do this in my own home one day!

Eau Spa


Step 1:


Final Product:


The door frame is approximately an inch thick, and the light plays off the white paint beautifully! More photos to come....

1 comment:

Kay Fekete said...

SO COOL! You are SO TALENTED!