Friday, October 1, 2010

My heart.


Being an army wife, an army Ranger wife at that has been the greatest honor in my life so far. I had the opportunity to be a part of a family of people that are truly some of the greatest people I have ever known. I have fallen in love with what these boys stand for, fight for, and what these wives can endure. Our bond with this group of people and their families is one that will never be broken, it will only get stronger through time. One year ago today, we lost our best friend Robert Sanchez. He was killed by an IED, that also greatly injured our good friends, Cory Remsburg and Tory Honda, among others. Cory is still fighting every day and on the road to recovery in a VA hospital in Tampa, FL, and Tory is in a rehab facility in San Antonio, TX. Not a day goes by that I don't think of these boys, our friendships with each of them, and the lessons this tragedy has taught me. Please take the time to pray for their families, and all the families that have been affected by this war over the years- the sacrifices they have made are for all of us. RLTW.
(From left, Cory Remsburg, Bryan Rippee, Rob Sanchez, and us in Las Vegas. 7/09)

No comments: