Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Belated

I'm not as you would say a 'domestic goddess' , I often realize my husband is much better at all the qualities that make someone a domestic goddess. But I thought on the day of love (Valentines Day) I would use one of my mother in law's recipes, which happens to be Alex's favorite- and bake him up a batch of love cookies. It is an easy recipe, and these cookies are just TOO GOOD!




Ingredients: 3 cups flour - 1 tsp baking powder - 1 cup butter - 1/2 tsp salt - 3/4 cup sugar - 1 egg - 2 tbsp milk - 2 tsp vanilla. (cream butter add sugar, stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, add dry ingredients, mix well.



Spencer and I thought neon icing would take our love cookies to the next level....



After mixing ingredients, roll batter (about 1/4 " thick) between 2 pieces of wax paper (sprinkle a little bit of flower so they dont stick) and chill in fridge for about 10 minutes.



After cutting into desired shapes (hearts of course!) Bake for 8 minutes or until golden around edges on 400 degrees.



I would like to blame the sloppy icing job on Spencer, but it was my fault. Mix 1 bag confectioners sugar with one tbsp of milk (the more milk the thinner the icing and unfortunately the more sloppy the cookie!)



My flowers from my sweet Valentine :)

No comments: